So where might Science be in all this?
Behind. Always has been, always will be. The physical sciences may be defined variously:
1) The simple definition: knowledge about or study of the natural world based on facts learned through experiments and observation.
2) The systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.
3) The knowledge, as of facts or principles; knowledge gained by systematic study.
4) The intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.
Science, then, is the observation and study of physical phenomena or principles; the world of effects. The primal causes behind all physical effects are beyond the ken of the physical sciences, by their own definition. True, some effects are indeed created from other physical effects. However, effects that create other effects must go back to some primary cause. The Kybalion is a compilation of basic Hermetic Doctrines and Philosophy rooted from the Ageless Wisdom of ancient Greece and Egypt. Only fragments of this compilation have surrvived the millennia. One of the seven principal doctrines from that ancient wisdom is the Principle of Cause and Effect:
"Every Cause has its Effect; every Effect has its Cause; everything happens according to Law; Chance is but a name for Law not recognized; there are many planes of causation, but nothing escapes the Law."
The best and most helpful activity that the science world has provided has been proof and verification of many (if not all) ancient principles and tenets proffered by the philosophers of history. What is rather disappointing for myself about science today is that, by its own declarations, it is tending to become the New Religion. Nothing seems to be so, unless or until, science declares it to be. Yet each and every one of their declarations are 50 to 500 years behind truths that have been known for centuries, even millennia. I am aware that the basis of their argument is physical, and mine is meta-physical and philosophical. However, since the philosophical ere-dates physical sciences by hundreds to thousands of years, why didn't (and still does not) science pay more heed? Some cases in point:
1) Science: The date for the beginning of the physical universe is declared being 13.7+/- billion years old.
Philosophy: Ageless Wisdom declares through its ancient esoteric literature rooted from the East or West that the universe is, well, Ageless. However, our GALAXY just might be 13.7 billion years old.
2) Sci: In the 1920s Edwin Hubble is credited with “discovering” and declaring that the Universe is in a state of expansion, as if this were a completely new revelation.
Phil: Mr. S.L. MacGregor Mathers died in 1918. Prior his passing he translated the Kabbalah Unveiled, in which AIN SUPh, the Boundless, was defined by him as “the Infinite Expansion.” Where did he derive this? Maybe from his own intuitive awareness, a revelation received. If not, then most likely from Qabalistic studies or the Sepher Yeztirah, first written somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd century A.D., but with an oral history back into antiquity. In this case the physical sciences have been behind esoteric knowledge for at least over 2,000 years.
3) Sci: For decades astrophysicists have been attempting to locate an exact center point from which the universe began, the Big Bang.
Phil: How is this possible if the universe has been recently discovered to be expanding in all directions simultaneously? Shouldn't that beginning point or zone be devoid anything? Shouldn't that beginning point somewhere in space be of a much larger cubic volume of emptiness than all the other spaces between galaxies, since all galaxies are apparently moving away from the specific said point? Esoteric knowledge has declared for centuries that EVERY POINT IN SPACE is the mathematical center of a continuing infinite expanse.
In addition to this the USA TODAY NEWS, dated recently from either the 30th or 31st of August, 2018, displayed the headline: Astronomers Explore 'Monster Galaxy' Forming Stars 1,000 Times Faster Than the Milky Way. The study was published in the journal Nature. Galaxies have been pumping out stars from their 'white hole' centers since the 'ageless beginning', NOT from some Big Bang point in space, but from numberless points throughout endlessly expanding SPACE.
4) Sci: Astrophysicists still declare outer Space to be a vacuum, at least relatively so, admitting recently to particulate of gasses, gamma rays, neutrinos, etc.
Phil: The Rosicrucians in their manuscripts dated through the 15th, 16th and 17th centuries declared openly, “Nequaquam vacuum!” “Nowhere a vacuum!” This is in relation to the explanation of AIN SUPh AUR, the Limitless Light, the invisible ocean of Living Black Light substance, completely filling all space as eternally omnipresent and which the ancient Egyptian Hierophants had declared at least 4,000 years ago.
5) Sci: 'Dark matter' is yet a theory in the scientific community. They know something to be out there, but just what that is escapes all the standard scientific instruments and explanations. They do not actually know what it is, therefore its title.
Phil: The Dogmatic schools of the Qabalah have known and understood the substantive material of the physical universe to be an electromagnetic radiant matter fundamentally known as a 'light substance', Ain Suph Aur. Qabalah dates back to approximately 4,000 B.C.E. The Upanishads are a collection of ancient Sanskrit texts that contain some of the central philosophical concepts dating back to the 7th or 6th centuries B.C.E. What science calls 'dark matter' today those ancient writings termed Akasha.
6) Sci: 'Dark energy,' like 'dark matter,' is another current theory of science.
Phil: The ancient Upanishads termed this 'dark energy,' Prana. The second misunderstanding by science around this theory is that science separates the two, 'dark matter' and 'dark energy,' each as unique phenomena. As above, the Qabalah has taught through the centuries that these two are one. The invisible substance of which all physical phenomena are composed is the same Light Substance, AIN SUPh AUR. It has a substantive aspect (matter) and an animating aspect (energy), this in simultaneity. Furthermore, what the physical sciences have yet to discover, and maybe never will, is that there is a third aspect inherent to its essence, that of awareness, sentience. The Matter is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient, all in one, simultaneously; a Triune-One-God of all causation.
7) Sci: A very recent conclusion from the scientific community is that the physical universe most likely evolved out from “nothing, and nowhere.”
Phil: The Sepher Yetzirah opens the very first chapter of its text with the 2nd through 8th Sections declaring “...out of nothing.” The Sepher Yetzirah ere-dates its written version by centuries. The recorded version appeared somewhere between the 1st and 2nd centuries A.D.